Gjak BardheBlu
Ikona vetjake antarit

Antarësuar: e mërkurë 21/07/2004 19:57
Poste: 890
Vendndodhja: USA
Ones to watch in 2007
Sunday, 31 December 2006
uefa.com

As 2006 drew to a close, we asked our network of correspondents covering the 41 smaller nations to choose the player who has most impressed them during the past year. Today our alphabetical journey begins with the nominations from Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia and Cyprus.

Albania
Hamdi Salihi (KF Tirana)
Nicknamed 'The Bomber', 22-year-old striker Salihi has been awing defences in Albania ever since he joined Tirana following a spell in Greece with Panionios NFC in the summer of 2005. The former KS Vllaznia player scored 29 goals in the 2005/06 season and started the current campaign in equally fine form. Now an Albanian international, another move overseas remains a possibility.

Jo në linjë
 Profili  

Subjekti i postimit:
PostPostuar: e djelĂ« 18/02/2007 22:51 
Gjak BardheBlu
Ikona vetjake antarit

Albania's 'Big Ben' falls silent
Friday, 16 February 2007

nga UEFA.COM

Imazh

Albanian supporters have been mourning the death of one of their footballing greats after Arben Minga passed away at home in Canada at the age of 47.

Greatness
Known as 'Beni i madh' - Big Ben - Minga was a powerful centre-forward who spent the latter part of his career as a fine central defender. However, it is as a great team-mate and a loving family man that the six-time Albanian title winner will be remembered.

'Like a bullet'
Shyqyri Rreli, his coach at KF Tirana - then KF 17 Nëntori - called Minga: "The best captain and leader I ever had." Team-mate Millan Baçi added: "His shot was like a bullet." Meanwhile, his former colleague with the national side, Skënder Gega, labelled him "the hardest forward to defend against and the best person to have in your team". Having risen to the senior ranks at Tirana in 1977/78, Minga made a great impression on all. His one-time youth coach Fatmir Frasheri said: "I never heard him say 'I'm tired'. He would always be the first in for training and would give everything he had in every game."

Tirana giants
Along with Mirel Josa, Artur Lekbello, Sulejman Mema, Baçi, Skënder Hodja, Bedri Omuri, Krenar Alimehmeti, Shkëlqim Muça and Agustin Kola, Minga was a member of the great Tirana side of the 1980s who won four championships and three cups, before moving abroad to play in Romania in the early 1990s. Capped 28 times by Albania, he played 20 games in European competition, then finally hung up his boots after two last seasons at his beloved Tirana. He had claimed titles in both, so bowed out in 1996 - not for the first time - as a winner.

'Never stop running'
He subsequently went to Canada with his wife Nora, a former professional basketballer, where they raised two sons, Gridi and Jordi. It was there that he was diagnosed with a terminal illness, dying on 31 January. Players wore black armbands in his memory in the 18th round of Albanian league games. His best friend Mirel Josa related one story that summed him up. Handed his Tirana debut because Minga was suspended in December 1981, Josa discovered he had no boots to play in. But, the latter recalled, "Beni gave me his boots and said 'put them on and be careful because they never stop running'."

Jo në linjë
 Profili  

Subjekti i postimit:
PostPostuar: e martĂ« 12/06/2007 19:30 
Gjak BardheBlu
Ikona vetjake antarit

Starova strikes back at Tirana

by UEFA.COM
Monday 11 June 2007

Albanian champions FK Tirana have started the summer with a bang, bringing back coach Sulejman Starova to lead them into UEFA Champions League qualifying.

Imazh

'Back home'
Although Shkelqim Muca led Tirana through the spring campaign following Mirel Josa's dismissal, Starova has been recalled by Albania's most popular club after he guided KS Teuta to runners-up spots in the league and cup. "It's nice to be back home," said the coach, who won the title with Tirana in 2005 before being dismissed after a disappointing showing in Europe.

Unhappy ending
Starova's work with Teuta in the 2006/07 campaign has only enhanced his reputation as one of the best coaches in Albanian football. That said, things ended badly for the Durres club as they lost out on a chance to win the league before being beaten 3-2 by KS Besa, from neighbouring Kavaje, in the Albanian Cup final on 16 May. They nonetheless earned a UEFA Cup place.

Good wage
Prior to taking charge at Teuta, the 51-year-old Starova was in charge of Tirana giants FK Partizani and he admitted that a good wage had been crucial in persuading him to return to the capital. "There is no doubt money had a very large part to do with my decision to come to Tirana, but my love for the team is just as big a factor," said Starova.

Star striker
The new coach's first task may be to try and secure extended contracts with two of Tirana's star players. The club's sponsors are eager to persuade the top scorer in the league in 2006/07, Vioresin Sinani, and international defender Nevil Dede to stay put. However, Sinani is still expected to return to KS Vllaznia while Dede remains a target for KS Elbasani.

Josa suspended
Meanwhile in Durres, Teuta president Edmond Hasanbelliu recovered from the shock of losing Starova and hired Hysen Dedja as his successor. Vllaznia may also need a new coach after former Tirana boss Josa received a six-month suspension for leading his side off the field in protest at a controversial goal in the final game of the season against the champions. Josa has appealed against the decision.

Hiring and firing
Finally, KS Dinamo Tirana have hired Agim Canaj to replace Redi Jupi who is expected to continue his work with the team in a different capacity. Peqin side KS Shkumbini have also named a new coach, bringing in Gugash Magani in place of Faruk Sejdini.

Jo në linjë
 Profili  

Subjekti i postimit:
PostPostuar: e mĂ«rkurĂ« 25/07/2007 18:04 
Gjak BardheBlu
Ikona vetjake antarit

Good omen keeps Tirana buoyant

UEFA.COM
Wednesday 25 July 2007

Imazh

Trailing 1-0 from the away leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier against NK DomĂ…ÂŸale, KF Tirana hope a promotion for club president Bamir Topi will augur well for Sulejman Starova's side.

New president
Topi was appointed as the new president of Albania on Friday, and while his new political responsibilities may put his work with the nation's most popular club on the back burner, fans will be hoping his example will help Tirana reach a higher level in the UEFA Champions League, having been lucky to leave Slovenia with a 1-0 deficit following a poor second-half performance against DomĂ…ÂŸale.

Barić criticism
Albania coach Otto Barić travelled to watch the first leg and was none too impressed. "Tirana were organised in the first half and were in control before [DomĂ…ÂŸale's] goal," said the Croatian. "Tactically, the Albanian team did not play very well in the second half. The Slovenians were dominant and should have scored at least three or four goals but Tirana were lucky."

Fateful stage
Now Tirana will hope their luck continues at home, as they seek a return to the second qualifying round and a tie against NK Dinamo Zagreb. Tirana have reached that stage in their last three appearances in the competition, but getting to the third qualifying round has consistently proved beyond them. "We know how to get to the second qualifying round - we just don't know how to get through it," said captain Devi Muka.

Squad changes
The club have had to deal with a number of significant departures, with star striker Hamdi Salihi joining Austria's SV Ried midway through last season and the league's top scorer Vioresin Sinani returning to league rivals KS Vllaznia. However, the returns of Starova - after a two-year absence - and striker Indrit Fortuzi (nicknamed Zogu - Bird - by fans) have filled some gaps.

New signings
Further reinforcements are due later. Promising Under-21 international Jahmir Hyka arrived on loan from Olympiacos CFP, while defender Endrit Vrapi will join from KS Teuta once their UEFA Cup campaign is over - and since they lost 6-2 in the first leg of their tie against NK Slaven Koprivnica, that should not be long.

Starova task
Now the onus is on Starova to give his side another chance of battling for that elusive third qualifying round place. "Even though we did not play well in the second half we will play to win and go to the next round," he promised. "The team that makes the least mistakes will reach the next round."

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved.

Jo në linjë
 Profili  

Subjekti i postimit:
PostPostuar: e djelĂ« 14/12/2008 13:14 
Fanatic
Ikona vetjake antarit

Antarësuar: e mërkurë 22/10/2008 02:10
Poste: 1035
Vendndodhja: Tirona
FUCK XHAFA FUCK XHAFA FUCK XHAFA FUCK XHAFA FUCK XHAFA

Jo në linjë
 Profili  

Subjekti i postimit:
PostPostuar: e enjte 09/07/2009 12:03 
Gjak BardheBlu
Ikona vetjake antarit

Antarësuar: e enjte 30/10/2003 10:49
Poste: 2906
Vendndodhja: England, G.B.
Tuesday noon KF Tirana has ended the training period in Ohrid and has returned in Tirana.
Although a short period of time,it was very useful and important,because the new coach,Loncarevic,was given the opportunity to study all elements of the team,make the proper selection and apply his tactics in full.As well as train the team physically,which is a determinant factor in soccer.KF Tirana has also played 4 friendly matches in Ohrid,won 3 and drew 1,certainly the result being not important.
Also new arrivals have been trained with the team.Croatian Igor Bal and french Laurent Mohellebi are seen as two very good alternatives in replacement of Agolli,Pezo and Memelli,who will not be able to play for the Champions League matches due to injury.Team has also been looking for another striker,besides Xhafaj and Abilaliaj.Artim Shaqiri looks a very good choice,however,there are still other names as Sukaj,etc that may approach soon.
Coach Loncarevic was left fully happy with the team,paying more attention to defense and integrating all players together.Despite time was not enough,Loncarevic is satisfied that KF Tirana are now ready for the Champions League.Certainly,should the 3 key mentioned above players be part of the team,Tirana would be on its best.Staff are optimistic that,even though Stabaek is seen in advantage of its shape of peak of the season,Tirana has all necessary elements and strength for a success.
The remaining 6 days team will consolidate even more,not only for the european matches,but also for the whole season.

Profili  

Subjekti i postimit:
PostPostuar: e premte 10/07/2009 11:08 
Fanatic
Ikona vetjake antarit

Antarësuar: e mërkurë 05/11/2003 13:20
Poste: 787
Vendndodhja: Tirane
REINIS shkroi:

Reinis, please correct yourself, be gentle, be polite..............!!!!!!
Who the fuck is Xhafa!?
Uhhhh.... probably you mean Xhafaj, ........ OK, u'r right :lol: :wink:

Imazh
Jo në linjë
 Profili  

Subjekti i postimit:
PostPostuar: e premte 10/07/2009 23:38 
Fanatic
Ikona vetjake antarit

Antarësuar: e mërkurë 22/10/2008 02:10
Poste: 1035
Vendndodhja: Tirona
Juristi shkroi:
REINIS shkroi:

Reinis, please correct yourself, be gentle, be polite..............!!!!!!
Who the fuck is Xhafa!?
Uhhhh.... probably you mean Xhafaj, ........ OK, u'r right :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Jo në linjë
 Profili  

Subjekti i postimit: Re: SK Tirana latest news in English
PostPostuar: e djelĂ« 28/03/2010 14:29 
Tifoz i Ri

Antarësuar: e djelë 21/02/2010 02:19
Poste: 4
edit: oltian, advertising is not allowed. You are more than welcome to post your news here, and cite the source (your web page).
sktirana.com

Jo në linjë
 Profili  

Trego postimet nga i fundit:  Rendit pĂ«r nga  
 Faqe 4 prej 4 [ 54 postime ]  Shko tek faqja ParaardhĂ«se  1, 2, 3, 4

Të gjitha oraret janë UTC + 1 orë [ DST ]

Kush është në linjë

Antarë duke shfletuar këtë forum: Asnjë antar të regjistruar dhe 1 vizitor

Nuk mund të hapni tema të reja
Nuk mund të postoni përgjigje
Nuk mund të modifikoni postimet tuaja
Nuk mund të fshini postimet tuaja